Local Sake brewery Event will be held very soon!
One of the happiest party of the year!!
We have a Japanese sake brewery called Endo Shuzo here in Suzaka.
They will have a big Japanese Sake Event in Suzaka.
You can enjoy many kinds of Sake, and many of them are only 100 JPY for one cup!!
They also have a tour of Sake brewery for free!!
Try many local foods there, too!!
This event is the best chance to enjoy Sake!!
Don't miss it!!!!
Date: 24th, 25th Sep.
Place: Endo Shuzo 遠藤酒造場
Access: Free Shuttle Bus from Suzaka station
For more info, mail us!
Welcome to Guest House KURA in Suzaka City, Nagano!!
An authentic traditional Japanese Guest House!
This house was built more than 100 years ago and was only renovated in 2012 in a way that retained the building's Japanese quaint atmosphere.
All rooms come in Tatami style and feature traditional Futon beds.
When staying at one of our comfortable and cozy rooms, one is brought in touch with traditional Japanese lifestyle.
The guest house's interior elements, such as shelves, stairs, sliding doors, and decor, are kept in their original state so as to retain the unique atmosphere of the Edo and Meiji period.
Guest House KURA is the only budget hostel that will bring you back in time to experience the ancient Japan!
Here is an ideal place for those looking to lodge at a hostel full of traditional Japanese charm!!!
Easy access to Nagano City, Zenkoji temple, Snow Monkey park, and downtown Obuse.
Here, you can enjoy the four seasons:
Cherry blossom in Suzaka during spring, barbecue or camping in the yard during summer,water fall amidst autumn leaves, and Snow Monkey park and skiing or snowboarding during winter.
We have 3 types of rooms, private room, male dorm, and female dorm.
All rooms are Japanese Tatami rooms with an intimate atmosphere.
- Private room (1-2 person)
- 1 person 4,200 yen/room
2 person 7,000 yen/room
- Male dorm (Max 5 person) 3,000 yen/person
Female dorm(Max 4 person) 3,000yen/person
※300 JPY for heating expenses are required from Dec. to Mar.
- Check-in 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Check-out 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM If you want to leave your luggage before check-in, please inform us in advance.
- No Curfew
- We accept CASH only. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Payment are expected on arrival.
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- comfortable common room
- fully equipped kitchen
- shower room (Shampoo, conditioner, body soap provided)
- big BBQ garden
- free Wifi, PC
- free parking
- free drink (coffee, tea...)
- security locker
- hair dryer
- towels (100JPY)
- washer and dryer (100JPY/cycle; laundry detergent provided)
- rental bike (500JPY/day)
- luggage storage
- fax service
We are located in the rural town of Suzaka City, situated next to Nagano City, Nagano.
Suzaka City prospered from the Meiji era(1868-1912) to the beginning of the Showa era as a silk cultivation town. Many warehouses called "KURA" in Japanese still remain in the well-preserved old town.
Guest House KURA is 15 min walk from Suzaka Sta. (Nagano Dentetsu Line)
Convenient location and easy access to Zenkoji temple, Snow Monkey park, Yanako Great Falls (a gorgeous water fall amidst autumn leaves), and downtown Obuse.
You can enjoy a day trip to Matsumoto, Magome&Tsumago area (Kiso Valley), or Togakushi.
From Suzaka station 12 min walk
- After exiting the ticket gate, turn LEFT and go down the stairs to the street level Pic①
- Go STRAIGHT along the left-side of the main road that starts at gate. (the gate spans over the main road) Pic②
- Pass LAWSON store on your right followed by the shrine on your left, then turn RIGHT at traffic signal 春木町南(Harukimachi Minami crossing). Pic③④
- Go STRIGHT and go through two lights down on your right. Pic⑤⑥
From Nagano station
Take Nagano Dentetsu Line(Naga-den) bound for Suzaka/ Shinshu-nakano/ Yudanaka.
Every train stop at Suzaka station.